Sunday, May 2, 2010

Letter to my sweet Gaelle

Gaelle,
 
I have to remind myself this world is not our final destination.  Physically it’s difficult right now because I am here and you are in Haiti.  Spiritually I find comfort in the truth that as we believe in Jesus Christ and give our life to Him, we all become adopted children of the LORD which makes us family in spirit and we share in His abundant love that nothing can separate us from.  I place my hope in the truth that one day we will all be together forever in our real home…our heavenly home.  For now, my heart is heavy as we have discovered your adoption into our earthly family cannot happen.  I want you to know it was not because we gave up on you or thought you were not worth it.  We never stopped trying to bring you home.  It was all so rushed and confusing at times with the humanitarian parole process.  When those doors shut we proceeded wholeheartedly with your adoption.  In this process we found out you have a mom and dad who are still alive and love you.  They are not able to meet all of your needs so they placed you in an orphanage only one mile from their home so you could be cared for and they could still visit you.  You also have two older sisters who live with you in the orphanage.  I watched you with them and you all depend on each other and look out for each other.  I could see your love for them and their love for you.  As much as we want for you to come live with us, we know it’s not best for you to leave your sisters or to be taken so far from your parents.  Ultimately, the adoption process would not allow you to be adopted into the United States due to your circumstances.  I know God is working all things out for our good even though I can’t yet see the full picture.  With God, nothing is impossible and if at any time the situation changes, we will be here waiting for you.   
God has used you to touch my life in more ways than you may ever know.  You are and forever will be a treasure to our family.  You have shown me what it is to be full of life and joy despite your circumstances.  You showed me acceptance and tenderness.  You taught me perseverance and are the one God used to increase my faith and the faith of my family.  I will always thank the Lord for crossing our paths.  When I first met you in Haiti, I gave you my heart and it remains with you in Haiti.  To worship the Lord with you and the Haitian people has given me a taste of how magnificent the day will be when every person from every nation will gather and bow before our King and confess He is Lord.  I know God has big plans for your life in Haiti.  I am praying for the Lord’s supernatural protection and provisions for your life.  I pray your salvation will be secure and that you will rise up in the nation of Haiti to be a shining light for our King Jesus!  You will forever be our daughter in our hearts and we will sponsor you, pray for you, and visit you as often as possible.  You gave us a heart for the Haitian people and you are the precious child that will lead us to another child.  In God’s perfect time I know we will see each other again.  I will always remember your voice singing, ‘Thank you my Lord.’  When I thank my Lord, I will thank Him for you!  Gaelle, I love you forever!  May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you always. 

Mwen Remen Ou,
 
Mama Gaelle

PS.  This is my favorite picture of you!

3 comments:

Court said...

Oh Rochelle ~ what an amazing letter. Thank you for sharing your heart and being so willing to follow where God leads you. As we've talked about before, none of this is a surprise to God. He knew before you even started the process that things would be where they are right now. God allowed you to meet Gaelle and spend so much time with yer. What a gift for you both! I will continue to pray for you guys as you wait on the Lord and His plans for your family. I believe this is only the beginning!

Treats by Trish said...

Wow. You have truly touched my heart with your story Rochelle. I read this morning that "those who are truly persuaded they are the sons and daughters of God, from love to Him, they hate sin and whatever disagrees with His will, they have a hearty desire to do His will". I see that in you and I praise God for you and your family. As always, you are in our prayers.

Suzanne said...

The sharing of your heart in this letter has touched me deeply! My eyes are filled with tears of sadness as well as being overwhelmed by your special words to such a beautiful baby girl. You both have touched my heart and I will continue to pray for what God has in store for Gaelle and her family along with your family.