Monday, June 7, 2010

Haiti Bound Again???

If you remember, I prepared a tub of diapers, formula and other supplies to send to Gaelle and the twins with Christi who is leaving with another missions team to Haiti this Thursday.
Pastor Nahum, the director of the orphanage where my twins stay, texted me yesterday evening to let me know Raphaella and Wanna were doing great. This is not unusual. He stays in very close contact with me almost daily. I texted him back telling him thank you and how much I long to come and serve with him and meet both him and the babies face to face.
He must have misunderstood because he texted me back filled with so much joy saying ‘Oh, it is so wonderful you will be coming to Haiti and we will be meeting face to face.’
This text from Pastor Nahum went straight to my heart and I had an intense desire that I can’t even explain come over me. This desire to go back to Haiti has been building for some time and it was this very text that God used to propel me to move. It was more than I could bear and my longing turned into action. I know of the need in Haiti and I know the life Pastor Nahum lives to serve the orphans…including my baby girls day in and day out. If God has placed the desire in my heart and has cleared all obstacles from my path to go, then I will go and serve along side him.

As soon as I read the text I began spewing out all sorts of phrases that bounced all over the place.
“Oh, Trey, Pastor Nahum thinks I am coming with Christi!”
“I want to go to Haiti?”
“Is it even possible?!”
“It’s not possible, is it?”
“Can I go? “
“Oh…Gaelle, Pastor Nahum and the babies!”
I have the most amazing husband in the world!! Our like-mindedness is no doubt the hand of God drawing us together in this journey. God has lined up our passion, understanding, and love for this journey and He alone deserves all glory! Thank you my Lord!
Trey checked the availability for the same flight itinerary as my friend Christi to make sure we would be traveling together. God had indeed opened the way. My ticket is booked and I leave Thursday morning!
I want to tell you all so much more but it will have to wait for now…I have less than three days to get everything ready to go meet my baby girls!!
I do have to take the time to fill you in on Burger King man. I drove by yesterday looking for him around 2pm and I was shocked at the sadness I felt as he was nowhere in sight. Later I found out a sister in Christ, Kathleen, happened to read my blog about BK man and on her way to church she found him at the same light. She took the time to notice him! She blessed him with her church donation and even took the time to talk to him! He really does want someone to listen to him and recognize him as a person. I am looking forward to more encounters with BK man and to find out his name and to share the good news of Jesus with him. Please continue to pray for him and if you see him, extend Jesus’ love to him.
Kathleen, may God multiply your blessings in beautiful ways as you have opened your heart for the poor and needy.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all!!

Lord, thank you for your harvest that is plentiful and for sending me! I love you, Jesus!!

1 comment:

Court said...

Wow! How awesome! Praying for you!