Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mud Monsters

I am writing this blog at the risk of being flagged by the adoption funding organizations as being an irresponsible parent and thus forfeiting all chances of financial assistance.  But, these pictures I have are too brilliant to keep to myself and I’m hopeful the sentiment of the kids in these pictures will justify our parenting skills.
My older sister, Alicia, had the opportunity to go on missions to Uganda again with her husband.  They have 4 kids and we were blessed to be in charge of watching them along with our three kids during our time in Tomball last weekend.   Getting all of the cousins together is always a blast for them.  Getting the cousins together with Trey and I in charge proved to forever honor us with the “kids favorite caretaker award.”  Yes, I made up this award in my mind and, yes, once you receive this award, it is a lifetime award, never to be retracted...at least in our minds.   As for the adoption funding organizations I mentioned earlier, well, let’s just hope they can look past the dirt and see the beauty in all of this at the end. 

Here it is step by step.

It all began with innocent children, digging a small hole in the backyard.

Everyone knows a little water added to some dirt makes for more fun…

The truth of the matter is that the added water is a necessity to create anything substantial such as this mud castle.  


The the water kept coming and the hole got bigger.

The kids were beginning to experience a bliss that in their minds must have seemed like a little glimpse of heaven on earth. 

Every little boy should experience the grand grossness of evolving into a mud monster.


It was all good clean fun…well, at least after Trey hosed them down.

Alicia, I hope this blog along with the pictures of the huge hole in your yard not only builds your confidence in Trey and I as responsible care takers of your children, but also helps you see the convenience of the hole in your yard…I was thinking the big tree you were intending to plant when you get home will require minimal work as the perfect hole has already been prepared.  Love you, Alicia!! :) 
I shared this story for two reasons.  First I wanted everyone to see the best mud picture of all time.  It’s Hyatt filled with a glorious muddy splendor. (this one is worth clicking on to enlarge)

And secondly, to say, later in that day, we heard all of the kids retelling their great mud adventure story.  I will quote their exact words… “This was the best day of my life!”


2 comments:

Court said...

absolutely love it!

Alicia Zbylot said...

That is totally awesome!! I remember when we were at a youth camp and we played mud volleyball. It was a blast and I know the kids loved you and Trey being here to watch them. Thanks for being such a fun Aunt and Uncle!! Love, Alicia