Monday, August 9, 2010

Unexpected Faith

Our dossier completed legalization!!  That means every little detail of our dossier is completed state side.  Next step is for our dossier to travel to Haiti, be linked with the twin’s dossiers and make their way through Haiti’s government.  We continue to call on His name!

Trey has a student in his class who has been following our adoption journey via Trey's updates and from hearing some of our story at church.  She and her mother were discussing our story about the twins.  Her mother had bought two matching crosses that say, “Bless this baby” and at the time she didn’t know who she was going to give them to.  After her daughter shared our story with her mother, she was led to give the crosses to us for our baby girls.  This student gave the crosses to Trey today.  


This small gesture of kindness from someone who I don’t even know personally, proved to be a much needed boost of encouragement for me today.  The unexpected gift itself is certainly sweet and very nice, but what I appreciate more than the material gift it provides, is the unseen gift of another person believing with us for these baby girls.  In giving this gift to us, this person is representing FAITH, and that is the greatest encouragement for me…total cheering of the soul!  These crosses will always be a treasure that remind me of the people who blessed us with their faith along this journey.  When the girls are home and they are old enough to understand, I will be able to tell them the stories of those who stood beside us and believed with us for God to bring them home.

It’s especially sweet to have received this gift today because it marks the day our twin baby girls turn 5 months old!  At 5 months old, I can only imagine how much they have grown since I last saw them.  Today I want to take the time to do exactly what is inscribed on the crosses given to us…bless the babies.  Lord, may your face shine upon them and give them peace.  Hold them both close to your heart and be their continual provision in every way.  May they have sweet dreams and be brought home soon.

It’s amazing to me…sometimes God uses the most unexpected people to provide the most inspiration.
Thank you Jesus…I love you!

No comments: