Thursday, October 28, 2010

DEAR RAPHAELLA AND WANA,

DEAR RAPHAELLA AND WANA,

Could you be any cuter?!!!
Raphaella, I could just eat you up!

so many kisses stored up for you Wana!

As one day comes and goes, it is one day closer to the day you will be in our arms. 


I can envision the giant celebration we will have.  Our God will receive all glory!!  Our family and friends will gather to welcome you into our family with a love that has been building from the day we all first heard your names and laid eyes on you. 


It is a special day when a child leaves her orphanage and comes to be forever united with the family God chose for her.  This is the day adopting families wait for from the second they fill out their first adoption paper.  The waiting is a difficult season but one that grows strength in those who put their trust in God.  The waiting is a continuous test of faith as we hope for what we do not yet have…what we cannot yet see or hold. 

But one day the wait will end. 

The phone will ring. 

We will hear the news that it’s time to come and get you. 

This day is what is referred to as the “gottcha day.”  This is the day when your adoption will be completed and you will be forever united with the family God handpicked for you…our family! 

Sweet girls, my heart longs for this day.  But, I want you to know this is only a reflection of the Day when our Heavenly Father will come and take us to be with our forever family with Him in His Kingdom eternally.
One day this wait will also end.

The trumpets will sound.


Jesus will appear in the clouds.


He will come to get us.

This will be the ultimate “Gottcha Day.”  Jesus will have us, and we will have Him…face to face forever!! 

So, today you are not quite 8 months old, but the story God is writing in your lives is already a beautiful testimony and serves as a glorious glimpse of what is yet to come.   As God’s children, one day soon, our eternal adoption will be completed.  I praise God that He chose you girls to be a living reflection and testimony of His loving heart for adoption.  I praise God that He pours out such abundant grace to allow me to be a part of something so lovely. 

You are always in God’s hands and you are shielded with His love.  He is faithful and loving and we believe He will place you in our family soon, but above all you will ultimately always remain His. 

As you wait in the orphanage our prayers are laid at the feet of Jesus on your behalf.

The peace we have comes from knowing He is always with you...holding you in His loving hands.

This is only for a season. 

God has big plans for your lives. 

Plans to prosper you and make you holy and pure in His sight as His beloved children. 

You are a gift from God.

A PRECIOUS...MAGNIFICENT…TREASURED...GIFT! 

Jesus chose to place His love for you in our hearts.  I can feel this intense love Jesus has for you and I am honored to be the vessel to lavish this love on you in tangible ways. 

Oh, baby girls, how I love you.  How I long to show you the deep love Jesus has for you stored up in my heart. 

How I long to show you the great love Jesus has placed in our hearts for the land and people where you were born. 

We never expected to be a part of something so incredibly beautiful.  We were just living our lives and somewhere along our journey with Jesus, He had His eyes on you and He chose to put our hearts in Haiti and linked us together.  I will forever be grateful. 

You will always know the land, people, and home you were born into.  We will go to Haiti together.  Your father, brothers, Pastor Nahum and his wife, and all of the people of the village where you were born are already family to us.  Our God is so good!

Your Mommy and Daddy and sister and brothers are attempting to learn your native language.  Maybe you will be happy about this, or on the other hand, you may be totally embarrassed, but  either way:

Your youngest brother, Hyatt says Haiti in Creole like he was born in Haiti himself.  "Ayiti." (pronounced: ah-yee-tee)


Tommy wants to say "I love my dog." but instead he mastered, the Creole phrase "Mwen renmen chen," which actually is translated to say "I love dog."

Kali is catching on quickly and proudly says "Jesus loves you," in Creole "Jezi renmen ou."


Your Daddy makes up all sorts of Creole...you have a funny Daddy who loves you very much!


"Mwen renmen bél pitit fi yo m' avek tout ké mwen!"  Okay, so Mommy is not 100% sure about her Creole skills either but what I hope I just said to you is, "I love my beautiful daughters with all of my heart!"

I love you baby girls.  I love you.


No comments: