Saturday, May 7, 2011

I have a favor...

Look at the collage of pictures of my children at the top of this blog.  Do you see the two words just below the bottom left corner of this collage...the words that say Nahum's Village?   When you click on those words it will take you to the other blog I write.  It's a blog about God's grace sustaining many of our forgotten brothers and sisters in Christ who live in Haiti at Nahum's Village.  These are some of the most beautiful, grace-filled, God dependent souls I've ever met.  And, yes, this is also the same village where the twin baby girls we are adopting were born...their biological father and 3 older brothers live there now in a tiny mud hut.  Over this last year, this entire village of people have become like family to us.   

Why am I telling you all of this?  

Two reasons.  

1:  If you follow this bog, (you know, the one you are reading right now) and you have never visited Nahum's Village blog, you are not getting the whole story of what God has called our family to...in fact, you are probably only getting about 1/4 of it.  Our God is AWESOME!! 

2:  I need to ask a favor.  I am going back to Nahum's Village in July with two sweet sisters in Christ.  God has laid out some incredible opportunities to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the children and families there and He has called us to go.  We will be hosting Vacation Bible School for 150 children!!  I know.  Sounds like complete craziness.  How are we supposed to transport supplies needed for VBS for 150 Haitian children who all speak Creole?   Not in our own strength, but WITH GOD, all things are possible!  We are believing God will provide because He says in His Word, He scatters abroad His gifts to the poor and He uses the church to accomplish this.  Ok, so here's the favor I'm asking of you:  please go check out Nahum's Village blog, read this post, titled, Send Us...For His Glory! and share it with all of your friends and family who I may not know but who God may desire to use to scatter His gifts to bless the orphans and needy people at Nahum's Village.  

It's super easy.  You can hop on over to the Nahum's Village blog right now when you click here. Thank you so much for helping me spread the word...you are being a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves.  God bless you! 


No comments: