I wish I had the finesse of gradually building up to this blog’s point but I am way too excited so I’ll just spill it here at the beginning and then go into some of the details.
I AM GOING TO HAITI TO MEET GAELLE!!!
I never saw this coming but then again, most of what God has done in my life I didn’t see coming. It just happens and you know it’s God. Let me back up a little to give you some perspective of how beautifully God had been orchestrating this plan for me all along.
About 6 months ago, Trey and I felt God leading us to leave the church body we were currently members of. That church body was a blessing to our family in so many ways over the two years we were there including being a part of the baptisms of Kali, Tommy and myself. We met many beautiful people there and grew in the LORD in amazing ways. However, the Lord was preparing us for something we had no idea about and for reasons we didn’t know then, we left that church and began praying for God to guide us to the church body He wanted us to be a part of. At the beginning we were somewhat unsettled because this was the first time we had not been connected with a church body and we were not clear on where it was God wanted us to be connected. Yet, through this time, and only because of God’s grace, we had very close intimacy with the LORD. We kept asking for His will to be done in this. For about six months we prayed, had many home church worship times with just our intimate family, and visited a few other churches from time to time. Three weeks ago I was talking with one of the other moms who is adopting children from Haiti and for some reason, at the end of our conversation (which had nothing to do with churches), she asked me if I had ever thought about visiting a church called The Gathering. She mentioned some of the families adopting from Haiti went there. This statement came out of nowhere and something in me knew it was a word from the Lord. Trey and I both agreed we should give The Gathering a visit. So, two weeks ago our family took our first steps into this place of worship and immediately I felt God’s blessing and confirmation in my spirit that this was His long awaited answer for our family. This isn’t the first time I have known things instantly based on first encounters. After the very first date Trey took me on, I went into my college dorm, shut the door behind me and told my Australian roommate that I was going to marry that man one day. Well, that is how the story went and as of December 21, 2010, we have been married for 13 years. Back to the story at hand: We are celebrating our Lord’s faithfulness! He answers the prayers of His children and He guides them ever so perfectly in His path of righteousness for His name’s sake! Praise the LORD!! Oh, it doesn’t stop there. The Gathering has 4 other families who are adopting children from Haiti just as we are. And, the preacher was actually on the last mission trip with the TBC missions team who were trying to get our children out of Haiti last month. After we went to visit the Gathering for our fist time last week, one of the adopting moms invited me to the church on that following Monday morning to pray over our Haitian kids and our families as we wait. That was so sweet to my soul. I had been longing to meet with other moms and pray together over this. It was an immediate welcoming of the body of Christ and I’m giving God all the glory!!
Last week I decided to apply for my passport. Trey and I both decided to apply for our passports but we chose to do mine this month and his next month due to the cost of application. I went to our local post office, had my picture taken, and applied for my passport book. I wasn’t sure why I was getting it now, but just to cover all bases, I knew if Gaelle was unable to get out of Haiti on humanitarian parole, then eventually we would need them to travel to Haiti to visit her for adoption. I couldn’t make this up if I tired! This morning our family went back to The Gathering for worship and the preacher announced that he was giving an open invitation to all the church body to take a mission trip to Haiti. They would be going to the orphanage(where Gaelle is) and praying for the people over there. He had tried to send out emails earlier in the week to as many people as he could, but of course he didn’t have our email as we had only just met the week before. He apologized for the late notice for those of us who didn’t receive an email, but said that he would have to know today. Trey and I knew immediately that it was God who was providing us this opportunity and the reason I applied for my passport last week began to make perfect sense. How awesome is God?! How much grace and mercy does He have?!! I stand in awe of the LORD and give Him all praise and glory.
As a result of this journey to our new church body, and as His child, I am swimming in His grace and will now be meeting my baby girl, Gaelle in 43 days.
I am set to leave on April 19th and will return on April 24th. Our prayer for Gaelle is that she will be home before this mission trip, and we are believing Him for it! We have been praying for God to direct our decisions every step of the way in our adoption of Gaelle. If she is home before I am scheduled to leave, and has had time to get acclimated to our home and family, I will still go on the trip. I can only see myself not going to Haiti if Gaelle arrives just days before I am to depart and needs more time to adjust with mommy home.
Please continue praying over Gaelle and the other orphans. Pray for God to prepare the missions team I will be with emotionally, physically, and spiritually to accomplish His works. Pray for that special moment Gaelle will be in our arms for the first time. If it ends up being in Haiti, pray that every moment I have together with her will be a reflection of God’s love to her. Also, if it happens to be in Haiti, pray we will be able to bring them home with us. I put my trust in God and He never fails! Lord, you are the God of Israel, the God of Truth, and into Your hands, I commit my heart, mind, and soul. Use me Lord for your kingdom and your glory! I love you!!
I AM GOING TO HAITI TO MEET GAELLE!!!
I never saw this coming but then again, most of what God has done in my life I didn’t see coming. It just happens and you know it’s God. Let me back up a little to give you some perspective of how beautifully God had been orchestrating this plan for me all along.
About 6 months ago, Trey and I felt God leading us to leave the church body we were currently members of. That church body was a blessing to our family in so many ways over the two years we were there including being a part of the baptisms of Kali, Tommy and myself. We met many beautiful people there and grew in the LORD in amazing ways. However, the Lord was preparing us for something we had no idea about and for reasons we didn’t know then, we left that church and began praying for God to guide us to the church body He wanted us to be a part of. At the beginning we were somewhat unsettled because this was the first time we had not been connected with a church body and we were not clear on where it was God wanted us to be connected. Yet, through this time, and only because of God’s grace, we had very close intimacy with the LORD. We kept asking for His will to be done in this. For about six months we prayed, had many home church worship times with just our intimate family, and visited a few other churches from time to time. Three weeks ago I was talking with one of the other moms who is adopting children from Haiti and for some reason, at the end of our conversation (which had nothing to do with churches), she asked me if I had ever thought about visiting a church called The Gathering. She mentioned some of the families adopting from Haiti went there. This statement came out of nowhere and something in me knew it was a word from the Lord. Trey and I both agreed we should give The Gathering a visit. So, two weeks ago our family took our first steps into this place of worship and immediately I felt God’s blessing and confirmation in my spirit that this was His long awaited answer for our family. This isn’t the first time I have known things instantly based on first encounters. After the very first date Trey took me on, I went into my college dorm, shut the door behind me and told my Australian roommate that I was going to marry that man one day. Well, that is how the story went and as of December 21, 2010, we have been married for 13 years. Back to the story at hand: We are celebrating our Lord’s faithfulness! He answers the prayers of His children and He guides them ever so perfectly in His path of righteousness for His name’s sake! Praise the LORD!! Oh, it doesn’t stop there. The Gathering has 4 other families who are adopting children from Haiti just as we are. And, the preacher was actually on the last mission trip with the TBC missions team who were trying to get our children out of Haiti last month. After we went to visit the Gathering for our fist time last week, one of the adopting moms invited me to the church on that following Monday morning to pray over our Haitian kids and our families as we wait. That was so sweet to my soul. I had been longing to meet with other moms and pray together over this. It was an immediate welcoming of the body of Christ and I’m giving God all the glory!!
Last week I decided to apply for my passport. Trey and I both decided to apply for our passports but we chose to do mine this month and his next month due to the cost of application. I went to our local post office, had my picture taken, and applied for my passport book. I wasn’t sure why I was getting it now, but just to cover all bases, I knew if Gaelle was unable to get out of Haiti on humanitarian parole, then eventually we would need them to travel to Haiti to visit her for adoption. I couldn’t make this up if I tired! This morning our family went back to The Gathering for worship and the preacher announced that he was giving an open invitation to all the church body to take a mission trip to Haiti. They would be going to the orphanage(where Gaelle is) and praying for the people over there. He had tried to send out emails earlier in the week to as many people as he could, but of course he didn’t have our email as we had only just met the week before. He apologized for the late notice for those of us who didn’t receive an email, but said that he would have to know today. Trey and I knew immediately that it was God who was providing us this opportunity and the reason I applied for my passport last week began to make perfect sense. How awesome is God?! How much grace and mercy does He have?!! I stand in awe of the LORD and give Him all praise and glory.
As a result of this journey to our new church body, and as His child, I am swimming in His grace and will now be meeting my baby girl, Gaelle in 43 days.
I am set to leave on April 19th and will return on April 24th. Our prayer for Gaelle is that she will be home before this mission trip, and we are believing Him for it! We have been praying for God to direct our decisions every step of the way in our adoption of Gaelle. If she is home before I am scheduled to leave, and has had time to get acclimated to our home and family, I will still go on the trip. I can only see myself not going to Haiti if Gaelle arrives just days before I am to depart and needs more time to adjust with mommy home.
Please continue praying over Gaelle and the other orphans. Pray for God to prepare the missions team I will be with emotionally, physically, and spiritually to accomplish His works. Pray for that special moment Gaelle will be in our arms for the first time. If it ends up being in Haiti, pray that every moment I have together with her will be a reflection of God’s love to her. Also, if it happens to be in Haiti, pray we will be able to bring them home with us. I put my trust in God and He never fails! Lord, you are the God of Israel, the God of Truth, and into Your hands, I commit my heart, mind, and soul. Use me Lord for your kingdom and your glory! I love you!!
Gaelle,
You are our daughter and with every last breath we are fighting to get you home! Your sister and brothers want you home so desperately too. Today, Kali won two bracelets at church for knowing Bible verses. She told me in the van on the way home that she was going to keep one of the bracelets and give you the other one. They are always talking about you being here and how great it will be when they can play with you!Hold on sweet girl. Mommy is on her way. If it’s God’s will, you will be home with us before I go to Haiti, but either way, God has given my heart much joy in knowing for sure I will see you face to face in just 43 days. My heart and mind is racing over the thought of having you in my arms. God has poured an overwhelming amount of love for you into my heart and I can hardly wait to see you so you will be able to know this love. Gaelle, you are loved and you have a family!!
1 comment:
I am so EXCITED for you!!
Post a Comment