After the excitement of learning I would be going to Haiti settled in, the question of how we were going to finance the trip arose. I was talking to a very sweet friend about this and she encouraged me to accept donations to sponsor me in this mission and joyfully offered an overly generous amount to support us. We decided to send out a letter to the rest of our friends and family to explain the upcoming Haiti trip and the resulting outpour of love through prayer, encouragement, and donations has overwhelmed us. You guys are so awesome and words cannot express our gratefulness. You have been a vessel of God’s kindness and grace to us. He is ALWAYS faithful and good!! My prayer is that God would bless each of you and your families abundantly with grace, love, and fellowship. We love you all so much!!
In looking back over these last several weeks, I cannot believe it’s already been 2 months. It seems like only yesterday when our family was matched with Gaelle. I sit and stare at Gaelle’s picture and imagine her running through our home laughing and playing with the rest of our children. His timing is perfect and I will praise Him now, even while Gaelle is not yet here, because I love His ways and know they are for our good. He is my savior and I will praise Him as long as I live. His story. His glory. Just as Jacob looked back on the 7 years he worked and waited for Rachel, I believe we too will look back on the period of time we worked and waited for Gaelle and say it all seemed but a few days because our love for her was so strong.
Genesis 29:20 “So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her.”
Jesus, I love you !! Show me your ways, teach me your paths, guide me in your truth. Forgive me when my hope is in my circumstances rather than you. Inspire me to fear you and may my hope be in YOU all day long. Jeremiah 22:16 says, “’He defended the poor and needy, and so it went well. Is that not what it means to know me?’ declares the LORD.” God, continue to have our hearts broken for the things that break yours. Continue to transform our heart’s desires to line up with yours. As you guide us in your paths of righteousness, may we know You more and may we be changed as we encounter Your presence. Be lifted up high in our lives, Lord! In Jesus' Name, Amen!!
1 comment:
Rochelle,
I am so happy for you!! God does do wondrous things through adoption. I couldn't love Caitlin anymore if she were my biological daughter. I am positive that you will make a profound difference in Gaelle's life and through that your lives will be forever changed. I pray that this process proves quick and smooth for you. I am all too aware of the ups and downs in the adoption process. However, I have also come to learn that things do happen in "God's time."
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Lisa
Post a Comment