Monday, May 31, 2010

We have a WINNER!!

Drum roll please………………………………..............................................


AND THE WINNER IS………………………………...........................................



YAY!!  Congratulations AMY HICKS!!!  I will contact you and make arrangements to get you the book asap!

So, here’s the deal.  I wish I had enough of these books to give away to every one!!  You know how some books are recommended for only certain people.  Like if you are a pastor or seminary student then this book is geared for you or if you are an average Joe then you may want to opt for this other book because it‘s not as deep.  Well, I am recommending this book for everyone!  It doesn’t matter how far along you are in your walk with the Lord.  It doesn’t matter if you are not even a Christian.  This book brings clarity to the simplistic words our Lord Jesus has spoken to us. 

I did the whole ‘say the prayer to accept Jesus as a child’ thing and then went on living my life the way I pleased with an occasional prayer here and there…usually only when I wanted God to make something in my life to be easier.  As I grew and became more accustomed to the ‘church life,’ I even found myself gaining status as a recognized church member…you know, serving within the church walls, attending programs within the church walls to entertain me, taking my kids to programs within the church walls to entertain them.   That kind of church involvement gets you recognized…at least within the church walls. 

But, it wasn’t until a little over a year ago when I really accepted Jesus as my Lord.  I recognized my sinfulness and cried out to Him to save me.  
I repented.  
Guess what?   
He saved me!  
And, He will save you too!  
So, for the first time in my life I had a real passion and love for God’s word.  I read through the entire Bible in about 9 months.  I know now that although I grew closer to God during that time I read through His word, I was still blinded to so much of it.  I found myself hearing the voices of the verses always highlighted to me growing up in church. …verses often separated from it's context that kept me on a safe comfort level…those verses were all underlined in my Bible.  
However, my eyes were blinded and my ears were deaf to the voice of  Jesus.  His voice speaks life giving commands and promises and they were being  drowned out.  I didn’t even realize it.  Did I want to know the Jesus of the Bible?  Yes!   Did I want to hear what He was saying?  Yes! 
You see, it doesn’t matter that I grew up in the church.  I still didn’t really grasp who Jesus really was and what it meant to follow Him.  Oh, I knew the Jesus I had twisted into my own image to assure I was always comfortable but I’m talking about knowing the Jesus of the Bible.  So, this is why I say this book is perfect for everyone no matter who you are.  Whether you are a non believer, a new believer, or a long time believer.  This book will help introduce you to the Jesus of the Bible. 

I don’t want to live the rest of my life ignoring Jesus.  I want my plans and dreams to be swallowed up in His.

If you didn’t win, you can go to this link and buy the book yourself:     
http://www.amazon.com/Radical-Taking-Faith-American-Dream/dp/1601422210/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275314435&sr=1-1


It may very well be the best ten bucks you ever spend. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, after all of that, I am sold. I will attempt to find the book soon. Rush-L, you should be in sales! You are so convincing; but, make sure you sell only what you are passionate about... it will make ALL the difference. Of course, I don't know you very well, but I don't think you would ever try to sell something you aren't passionate about. I think that's why I'm drawn to you... so genuine and transparent. Thanks for befriending lil ol' me. :-) Love, Toe-Nee-Ya!

Rochelle said...

Aww...Toe-Nee-Ya!! Love you sister! It's totally Jesus! He draws His children to one another. Looking forward to hanging out more with you!
And just so you know, I was not paid to endorse this book:) hehe