Refinancing our home is coming along very smoothly. I think it’s only a matter of days until we will have a home payment of $131 less each month and have $20,000.00 cash out to fund our adoption. Praising God for His awesome provisions!! Thank you my Lord!
We are making a few last minute revisions to our dossier and it looks like next week it will be ready for certification. After certification it goes into the hands of our agency and on to Haiti!!
Today our family gathered to pray over the tub of diapers, formula, baby clothes, toys, pictures and letters we are sending with a sweet friend, Christi Barnes, to deliver to Gaelle, Pastor Nahum and our little girls, Raphaella and Wanna in Haiti next week! I had a mixture of emotions going on as I dropped off the supplies. First, I am looking at my friend, Christi, who just totally gets it. She has two adopted children of her own. One of who is a little Haitian girl. Her beautiful babies are busy playing while Christi and I talk, but few words were needed as I showed her the various items in the tub that were specific for Gaelle and those that would be for the twins. We both held back tears. These welled up tears were a combination of both the pain and joy we share in walking out the journey of adoption. We both have tasted the suffering that comes with saying yes to the orphans and at the same time we would do it over and over again because it’s worth it to Jesus. Seeing Christi’s children playing today…a glimpse of the reward and great joy that comes through perseverance to this call. Our family is blessed to be called to adoption. Thank you my Lord.
So, in only days, Christi will see Gaelle’s beautiful smile and give her our care package. If you have been following our blog over the last few months then you know what a treasure Gaelle is to our family. Christi will also be meeting my baby girls for the first time!! I have not yet met them. I am envious of course, but in the same breath beyond description, grateful! She has promised to take more pictures. Thank you my Lord!
I bought the kids some water balloons the other day. Not sure why but I bought the kids some water balloons the other day. Yesterday they tried them out by challenging their cousins and Grandbob to a water balloon fight. I stayed somewhat side lined with the excuse that I had the camera that is NOT water proof. They had the biggest fun.
I was expecting that this was only the beginning of this water balloon fighting….you know, like this was a trial fight. I was right, the kids were ready for more as soon as the last balloon burst. But, what shocked me was my own adrenaline rush from it all and I didn’t even participate. I don’t know if this will make any sense, but I am having thrills at the thought of arming my kids with the most powerful water balloon ammunition. In effort to make this a reality for their next scheduled water balloon fight …which I believe will happen this evening…I went to Wal-Mart but instead of the regular water balloons that are this size….
I went to the party department and opted for some of the BIG balloons. Look at these BIG BOMBERS!!
I wonder if any of my kids have the muscle power to even throw one of these? I'll let you know.



No comments:
Post a Comment