There is one thing I can say I’m sure of that I hope for, which is Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He will return one Day and take His bride, the church, to heaven. This I am certain about yet it’s not what I can see.
I believe this with all my heart. My faith is in Jesus Christ and He is the only way.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)
Faith opens the door for us to witness God’s mighty hand at work up close and personal. When we believe in Jesus Christ and surrender our lives to Him, making Him Lord and Savior of us, we begin a continual changing process. We grow in intimacy with our Heavenly Father and little by little our hearts are transformed into a heart that breaks for the very things that break His heart.
It’s not so much like a 5 year old child at a birthday party who is blindfolded and given a stick to whack away aimlessly into the air trying to hit the target to score all the candy. That’s what I call chance….just do it and see what happens kind of living. I’m familiar with this type of living as I’ve been on that road many times. Perhaps God is forgotten as our circumstances attack us from every direction. Our self-sufficient nature kicks in and calling on our Heavenly Father becomes an overlooked option.
Faith in Jesus is not aimless whacking in hopes for our reward. It’s true we can’t see what is around the corner or over the next hill as we put one foot in front of the other. However, we have the Word of God and the gift of the Holy Spirit who teaches us all things and guides us on paths of righteousness.
We have divine direction!
As He teaches us, the desires of our flesh fade and new desires and passions are formed that compel us to live for the Name of Jesus.
For me, God’s heart for the orphan has been revealed in a way that I cannot close my eyes to. If scales have ever been removed from my eyes regarding something, this is it…I see the orphan and my pity coupled with no action is no longer sufficient to soothe my conscience.
Adoption was laid on my heart first. With my husband being like-minded in this, I received confirmation and we began the process to adopt. On my second trip to Haiti, I met my little girls for the first time, but beyond our adoption process, I saw God’s heart for the orphans.
I saw it in Pastor Nahum.
Out of nothing I watched as he gave everything. There is nothing more heartwarming to me than to see someone sacrifice for the Name of Jesus our LORD. It’s beautiful because it points all glory to Him.
I want to be a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God (Romans 12:1). I want to say 'no' to my flesh which craves the recognition and, in humility, have all who see me direct their eyes securely on Christ Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment