While I was in Haiti last week, Trey received our September update for the twins from God’s Littlest Angels orphanage. He texted it to me on my phone and I was able to share this update together with Pastor Nahum and Mama at their home. They are always just as excited as Trey and I to find out how the babies are doing. Of course they will always have a special bond with Raphaella and Wanna as they were Papa and Mama to them for their first four months of life.
![]() |
| Mama and Papa with Raphaella and Wanna a few weeks before being transferred. |
It’s becoming more difficult as each month passes to see how fast they are growing. I constantly must remind myself that God is in complete control of this.
Bleow is the update we recieved from Susie, the GLA update coordinator:
Raphaëlla and Wana were very similar but in the last month the nannies tell me that their individual personalities are starting to come out. Raphaëlla has a tendency to be a bit more social, vocal, and active than Wana. Wana is more contented and observent. She is always watching what is going on around her. I will give you a little information about where the girls are currently in their developmental growth. They are both learning, growing, and active. It is a blessing to watch them thrive! I am very excited for the day when you get to meet them.
![]() |
| I want to squeeze them!! |
Raphaëlla and Wana were very similar but in the last month the nannies tell me that their individual personalities are starting to come out. Raphaëlla has a tendency to be a bit more social, vocal, and active than Wana. Wana is more contented and observent. She is always watching what is going on around her. I will give you a little information about where the girls are currently in their developmental growth. They are both learning, growing, and active. It is a blessing to watch them thrive! I am very excited for the day when you get to meet them.
Raphaella's health is very good. She is gaining weight and has begun to take infant cereal from a spoon. She takes morning and afternoon naps and is very alert when she is awake. She turns in the direction of a voice or a rattle. She is very good at focusing on faces and objects. Raphaëlla loves to coo and giggle. She holds eye contact well and is very engaging. She will often cry when her caregivers put her down. She is able to push herself up when she is lying on her stomach and her head and neck control improves by the day. She is learning to sit with assistance and is beginning to bear weight on her legs. She reaches in all directions and grasps for toys without a problem.
Her smile is gorgeous and she is loved by everyone at GLA!
Raphaëlla is healthy and growing:
Height: 62 cm
Weight: 13.7 lbs
![]() |
| Raphaella (Grace Ella) |
![]() |
| Raphaella |
![]() |
| Raphaella |
Wana's health has improved tremendously since she arrived at GLA. She has also begun to take infant cereal with a spoon and is similar to Raphaëlla in her sleeping patterns. Wana is a very contented baby. She holds eye contact well and cries when she is hungry, tired, needs to be changed, or when she is seeking comfort. Wana has excellent head and neck control and is learning to sit up with support. She reaches for toys and brings objects to her mouth and sucks her thumb.
Wana is a very sweet baby and she is loved by everyone at GLA!
Wana is healthy and growing:
Height: 62 cm
Weight: 13.7 lbs
![]() |
| Wanna (Faith Rochelle) |
![]() |
| Wanna |
![]() |
| love |









1 comment:
I love them! I want to squeeze and give them kisses too!! I can't wait!! God is tooooooo good!
Post a Comment