Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Adoption...Our Journey Continues

In May, Raphaella and Wana turned 13 months old.  I'm not happy about them growing older while the entire expanse of the Atlantic Ocean separates us.  And, I'm not happy they graduated to the older nursery with the older babies in their orphanage.  But saying yes to God's adoptive heart was never about elevating me to a safe-comfy-cozy- let-the-wind-blow-in-my-face-have-no-worries kind of life.  I've got much to learn but what I've learned so far about adoption is that it's both terrifying and exhausting.  It often exposes you to the kind of ugliness that hurts deep down in the soul...yet at the same time, it's strangely beautiful. Today I will write our girls a short letter and share their most recent pictures with you.
These pics were taken in honor of Flag Day in Haiti which was celebrated on May 18th.



My sweet Raphaella and Wana,

Our journey for you continues...
Raphaella
Wana


It's like I'm running as fast and as hard as I can but I'm not getting any closer to you...like I'm trapped on a treadmill.

I'm still in Texas.

You are still in Haiti.

But, don't worry baby girls.  No matter how long it takes and no matter how far we remain apart, I will not stop fighting for you.
R
W
 I can see you've been abandoned and forgotten...

You are helpless and orphaned....


You are among the unseen and broken...

But I will not leave you like this...
R
W

I'm adopting you...

One day you will be my child. One day you will come home. 

Jesus taught me all of this...These are the exact same things He says to me and He has taught me to love you this way too.


He says He will place the lonely in families.  He says He will not leave us as orphans.  He says He will bring His sons from afar and His daughters from the ends of the earth--

He says, He's adopting us....we will be His children and He'll bring us home soon. 

You are much too little to understand these things now but one day you will grow up and read these letters I've written you.  When you read them I hope you will see how great the love of Jesus is for you.
I love you very much,
Mommy
R
W

No comments: