To ponder something in one’s mind is the first phase to accomplishing a task.
To say it out loud is huge. It transforms the thoughts into words.
To turn the words into action….that is the goal!
I have pondered.
It’s time to say it out loud.
First, I know I’ve got some anxious family and friends wondering, “Oh, dear Lord, what is she up to now?!”
Let me settle any anxiety…No, I’m not getting a tattoo and its small scale compared to the day I announced we were adopting from Haiti.
It’s just something I think would be good so I’m just going to put it out there….a total act of commitment on my behalf.
I want to learn how to speak Haitian Creole.
There. I said it. Go ahead and stamp bi-lingual on my forehead.
Who would have thought? Not me! It may not seem big and grand but I believe Jesus cares about and guides us in every single detail of our journey as we follow Him. So...big or small...it's part of my Jesus journey.
I bought a Haitian Creole dictionary and phrasebook from Amazon. I don’t want this nifty little book to be sitting, looking as pretty as the day I purchased it, on my coffee table as though it was meant merely for added décor. My plan is to work this book over and become halfway decent at understanding and speaking this beautiful language.
I bought a Haitian Creole dictionary and phrasebook from Amazon. I don’t want this nifty little book to be sitting, looking as pretty as the day I purchased it, on my coffee table as though it was meant merely for added décor. My plan is to work this book over and become halfway decent at understanding and speaking this beautiful language.
You won't earn friendship points by calling me at 6 am to make sure I've scheduled in a Creole language lesson for the day. Don't do that!
Just cheer me on at a decent hour of the day. I can easily slip through the cracks without you.
Orevwa
1 comment:
Rochelle, I'm so proud of you! ash
Post a Comment